Re: life IS good

In a message dated 12/25/2002 3:17:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mhobertm@excite.com writes:

> Janet:  Thanks for the kind words, but my real hope lies in my children and
> what kind of parents they will be some day...then I will be able to look
> back on my life and know how well I did at breaking the cycle...Every day I
> must remember that and do my best to bring up kids who will be good parents
> to my future grandchildren.  :-)
> Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

Please, please remember that no matter how hard you work at bringing up your
children, and I'm quite sure you do an excellent job of it, they may not
always turn out quite the way you wanted them to.  You must never blame
yourself if, as adults, they do not always adhere to what you have taught
them.  I know you may not believe this now, but tuck this away or future
reference  twenty years down the road.  I have a dear friend right now who is
having a really hard time accepting that her 40-year old daughter is behaving
in a very self-destructive way.  My friend keeps saying "What did I do
wrong?"  Even her other children try to reassure her that it is not what she
did - that the daughter is an adult who must take responsibility for her own
And then there's what my grandmother always used to say:  "The Bible says
that if you bring up a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will
not depart from it, but it doesn't say anything about what he will do in the
meantime."  Auralie