RE: RE: was heavy sod, now concrete removal

Might want to run an ad in a local paper... giving away flagstone, you
dig out and remove. Not sure if it would work in your area of the
country, but around here... it is gone in a day. Heck if I was few
thousand miles closer.... I would be at your doorstep :)

Did find in similar circumstances, if you can get something under the
flagstone, they usually will break free of the concrete... depending on
how long they have been there and how well it was constructed to begin
with. Of course concrete here tends to breakdown with the winter
heaving.

Donna

I was being pretty creative building raised beds over a
> One other
> project I do want to do in spring it to dig out a "ramp" that the
former
> owner put in.  Basically they cemented flagstones to cover the side
> sloping
> area of the yard.  Looks so-so, but it is slippery when damp and
someone
> (like me) is going to kill themself on it one day.  And besides, why
have
> cement when you can have plants instead!!  Not sure how we will get
rid of
> the stuff, but I'm willing to give it a try.  Anyone have any concrete
> removal experience here?
>
> Theresa

Works
> great.

> From: "Theresa- yahoo" <tchessie@yahoo.com>
> Date:  Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:26:32 -0800
>
> >hey- I want to ride the tractor some of the time!  I used to love
mowing
> the
> >lawn on my mom's riding mower when I was a kid and we lived on an
acre
> (that
> >now seems huge to me- sad isn't it?)  I have a feeling that unles
David
> is
> >multimillionaire, then having us pool our money won't work either!
So
> >David... have you been holding out on me?  Should we have bid your
> fortunes
> >to buy a city on Ebay??
> >
> >We aren't supposed to overload our garden waste barrels either, but
there
> is
> >no way I could have a compost area large enough for the amount of
stuff I
> >create.  Maybe once I have everything exactly as I want it.... haha-
> know
> >that will never happen- I can always think of something else to buy,
> move,
> >change, etc.  So, sometime before 2 weeks go by and the garden waste
> truck
> >returns, I have to haul some of the sod out of that barrel and throw
it
> in
> >(forgive me!) the trash barrel.  Then they will take it all away.
P.S.