RE: Wind and snow! And the planting season ahead... Oh, and bulldog puppies...

Glad to hear you were able to hold your house together in all that wind,
Tony!  And with so little damage from all that wood.

We had some good wind the other day (Christmas) but it was mixed with snow.
We had a good covering and the grandboy wanted to go sledding the day after
Christmas with me on the back hill (ivy covered.)  That little sled ended up
every which way and the two of us were drenched and thoroughly chilled
before we got back inside.  We had a bit of time to talk about plant
dormancy, too, considering the ivy easily supported our weight on the sled
and showed no wear or tear.

I picked up the mail on my way back into the house and there was my first
winter seed catalog!  I've already got it marked up.  Daughter Rayna and her
significant other (more than a boy friend, not quite a fianci) gave me a
beautiful heavy leather garden bag complete with tools!  Now I'm really
aching to go spring digging, but I'm afraid to soil that beautiful leather
bag!!!  Any ideas on how to protect it?

Oh, one last thing, since I don't get much chance to join in much any
more....  Bill and I worked with Rayna's friend Katherine to get Rayna's
male bulldog available for stud at the vet's office while Rayna was on
vacation.  The ultrasound came back yesterday that show's Katherine's female
has EIGHT puppies within by Rayna's Blue!!!  (An average litter is about 3.)
I can hardly wait to snuggle them!  We live close to the vet's office, so I
will try to get there to help her when the pups need their check-ups, etc.
:>D  It will be at least another year before we can attempt to breed Izzie,
so I'll just enjoy Katherine's pups for a while.

(SW OH - zone 5)