RE: Orchids for the northern USA

How about orchid-like?
The jan/feb issue of Horticulture had an article about Darrell Probst's
Epimediums.  The full page photo of E.'Be MY Valentine' looks nearly like
an orchid to me.
And yes, I sent for the catalog!

magazine has an article entitled 'Easy Orchid Growing'.  Since I don't know
from orchids, I don't know how good it is.  Maybe when Jesse reads her
copy, she'll be able to tell you!!