Re: RE: Theresa, found > fire

In a message dated 12/29/02 11:49:37 AM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< I am in a city, and do have the proper
license.  >>

Donna, you purchase a license to burn?  So do they allow a certain # or all
who apply?  Our community is the last to disallow burning and that is due to
much open land yet & original home owners in the area all had and do have
acreages.  We still have horses in the area as they were grandfathered in.
These people cannot believe they now cannot burn garbage.  We moved here (to
the city) in 86 from a small rural community which had banned burning many
years prior except 2 wks in the spring & fall which was organic material
only.  Some of my neighbors spend a lot of money just on yard waste removal.
They are rqd to use specific purchased bags and are chgd per bag by the waste
companies to dispose of it.  This is then composted and is free to be picked
up - no deliveries.