orchids, but new thread

for those with short [or disinterested] memories, i ordered a gouge from lee valley. well, it arrived over the weekend. i took it to the nursery today and, on my way out, i stopped by the native orchid and gouged two pups off the oak tree. tomorrow, i will "goop" them onto another oak tree. their new home will be the live oak that is nearest to the entry of our new office. i should know by, say, april if the gooped-on transplant has taken.

i will know the transplants have taken if the roots of the pups have spanned their original chips [and goop crevices] and affixed themselves to the bark of their new home. if it works--there are many more pups--the next transplants will be made to my old grapefruit tree. the grapefruit tree has already proven to be an acceptable home for a few hybrid orchids.