Re: herbs

This is true, but I'd like to mention another aspect of the antibiotics. They're being used as triggers in genetically modified plants or seeds. Specifically, tetracycline is used in the so-called "Terminator seeds" that, once planted and grown, won't go to seed unless or until some trigger (tetracycline) is used. I don't know whether they spray it out in the open on a field or how it's applied, but my thought is that some people are violently allergic to specific medicines, and now they're spraying it out in the open like that? I'm sure you know that the largest seed companies are owned by international pharmaceutical companies. A farmer planted some corn that was genetically modified to produce a strong medicine to curb swine diarrhea. The corn was harvested, but some stalks remained that he was supposed to burn. He didn't. Then he planted the field with soybeans, and a few of the soybeans may have or were thought to have touched those remaining corn stalks, so the U.S. destroyed something like 500,000 bushels of soybeans to make sure that medicine didn't get into human food. If it's so powerful that touching the plant would contaminate it, it should be grown in a contained warehouse or greenhouse. Margaret L

Bonnie mentioned the lack of regulation of herbal remedies and other
homeopathic solutions.  And Auralie went on to discuss the cost of
pharmeceuticals.  These things triggered some reservations I have about what
the drug companies tell us.  They caution us against herbs, but have you
listened to the commercials for the new medications?  Talk about side effects!
 Have you looked at a Physicians Desk Refernece?  I used tetracyclin many
years ago without a problem, but when it was prescribed for my husband, he
experienced every side effect in the PDR book!

Yes, you do have to be cautious with herbs, but you also need to be careful
with pharmeceuticals.

Kitty