Re: clivia

I don't remember, Jim. Seems like forever. Probably close to 9 months, a year. As I recall, it bloomed soon after the days started to lengthen. I suppose I could check the threads in the archives. I had expected orange, I think, and was pleasantly surprised when it was yellow. {Now I need to find the address of that woman in the San Francisco bay area who had a red one; I wonder if hers set seed.]

You know more about these things than I do. How many seeds should I expect in a pod? And when should I pick it?