Re: what are you reading?

Horror of horrors, Kitty!  For years I was the Pres of the Friends of the
Cedar Rapids public library organization, and ran the annual booksale for
about a decade.  We have around 80,000 books to offer to the public every
year - ALL donated to us - and none for more than $2.00 for an adult
hardback.  Proceeds from the sale go back to the library for computer
equipment, etc.  Why would someone just toss good books?  We get a lot of
junk (moldy, torn, etc) that we recycle, but what you saw is just nuts.
I'm afraid I would have been stopping to pick them up.

>I saw a sad sight today.  On my way to work I saw books lying in the road.
Then more books.  Then piles of books, for a good 2 miles.  Then I came up
to a huge dump truck that was fully loaded with them and had been losing
them all the way down Tillman Road on his way to the dump.