Re: what are you reading?

LOL, LOL.....I think there are a LOT of librarians like that!! Saying "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" all the time.

From: "Daryl" <pulis@mindspring.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] what are you reading?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:04:41 -0500

Kitty,

I used to love to read, often a book a day, but as my eyes have gotten worse
and worse, I can only read for short periods without everything going
blurry.

I've tried audio books, but they're so slow my mind wanders.

Like Melody and many of you, I was transported by books, and delighted when
I was old enough at 5 to get my own library card. (Even though the old witch
at the desk tried to scare me into not applying by staring at me with cold,
beady eyes peering over half-rims. She had hair in a bun and always wore a
long-sleeved white blouse, too. Scared me half to death!)

Daryl