Re: What are you reading?

Yeah, Jesse, I know what you mean about escaping the "how-to" stuff.
Normally, I'm a big how-to reader; those books make up most of the
reading I do, and they are the ones I buy to keep on my shelves. Almost
everything else is borrowed from family, friends, or the library. But I
have this lovely stack of pure entertainment books stashed in a couple
out of the way places, for the rare times when I need and can afford to
immerse myself in a book that doesn't remind me of something else I
should be doing!

I see a lot of folks at GardenChat, including you, like sci-fi and
fantasy to unwind. How about Terry Prachett's Discworld series for pure
escapist delight? I freely admit, Prachett has no class <s>. He's one of
my favorite authors. I usually get to laughing out loud when I read his
stuff. Plus, you can get lots of wonderful, odd glances from other
people if you read these books on an airplane, particularly if you laugh
so hard you start to snort. . .

When I read mysteries, I go for the light and fluffy stuff again, Janet
Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I'm way behind, have a huge stack of
those piled on the little round table by my fireside reading chair,
waiting. But with the outside temp is in the thirties and rain coming
down, I'll be working on that pile of pleasure reading today. I feel
like I've been working too hard getting ready for Christmas.