Re: what are you hearing?

Have to confess, I have never cared much for classical voices in recital. I don't know why. I had season tickets to the Washington opera for five or six years--and I think that is the one thing I miss most down here. But then there's probably not a decent opera company south of Houston [unless LA is south of Houston].

On Thursday, December 11, 2003, at 10:16 AM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

Agree. My daughter, whose musical training was the violin, loves this
voice...he has a wide range of musical interests. (My daughter, by the
way, also loves country so to those who have never loved classical...don't
be reluctant to try.)

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN

[Original Message]
From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 12/11/2003 2:51:23 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] what are you hearing?

Jim: As an apparent fellow lover of classical music, I would invite you
to check out a young man by the name of Josh Groban...24 years old with
the voice of an angel...nearly brings me to tears listening to his
beatiful music. He does some contemporary Broadway stuff,too and brings
a great deal to that genre as well. Am hoping Santa will be kind to me
with a gift of Josh Groban's new CD under the tree this year. re:
Handel's Messiah--a few years ago I was lucky enough to find a 12 volume
record album set of the entirety of this masterpiece at a consignment
store, in very good condition...it's not difficult to find a CD or
something with selected works from the Messiah, but to find the whole
thing...ahhh!!! And for less than $5...what a victory!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein