From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 7:08 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Fashion Note: now lemon tree

We own houses that have central heat and insulated.... and we also own
clothes that protect us from the cold.... and we still freeze our butts
off at times :)

And to keep us on the gardening track.... I didn't think your zone 10
(?) plants could take 30 degrees?!? I would think all those tropical's
would just keel over and die...

We had a couple of bright sunny days and today it was 43, a record high
I think... so all the snow has melted again... of course this afternoon
the winds came, dropped into the twenties, so thinking the plants are
screaming again.... no snow cover, wet and now icy... not good, although
they predict just a dusting of snow in the next 24 hours here... father
north and west they are getting 3 inches.. or so they say.