Re: The latest crime wave

In a message dated 12/18/2003 5:42:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:

> Big news on Tampa TV today is the theft of an exotic dancer's Burmese
> python. Theft reported on the 5 AM news; recovery reported on the 5 PM
> news. Can't imagine who would want to steal a 20-foot snake, but
> criminal minds work in mysterious ways. Can't even imagine what one
> would do with it once stolen. When interviewed about the theft [AM
> news], the dancer was asked if the snake was dangerous. She said, "No.
> Actually, he's kind of shy." I thought you'd be interested.
Speaking of crime waves, Jim, I just finished indexing the political
biography of Bob Graham.  It was supposed to come to me in October, but when he
dropped out of the presidential race, it was held until now he has decided to make a
play for vice-president.  I do understand about politcal biographies, but
this writer (not Graham, of course) is an obvious Northeastern establishment
liberal "intellectual" Democrat.  His opinion of Florida voters, especially those
of the northern part of the state and the panhandle, is very low. Since I hail
from the panhandle, I find this rather annoying - especially since I know for
a fact that New York State politics is just as backward and corrupt - and
that ethnic issues play just as big a part here as there - just a different
ethnic.  I strongly suspect that any other state in the nation could provide just
as good, or bad, examples.  Look at California.
  All that said - needed to get it off my chest - I refuse to "talk politics"
with this group of friends.  We may not all agree, but I don't want to hear
about it.  I just wonder why this negative attack on Graham's home state voters
is supposed to make people want to vote for him.