About Tony

Dear Gardenchat friends,

First of all, to Melody:

How wonderful it is that you have been organizing something in memory of
Tony through the gardenchat group.  I am so very moved that so much love is
being shown because of knowing him even though most have not met him in
person.

He has touched many !!  In fact at his memorial on Tuesday our pastor will
take 25 minutes for friends and family to stand and talk about how Tony had
touched their lives with his gentle and loving soul; his care and concern
for others more than himself.  The pastor said that 25 minutes will probably
not be long enough because his life has touched so many.

We are preparing a beautiful memorial celebration of his life. I'd like to
share some of the highlights with you:

A flute will be playing soft beautiful music as people come into the worship
center.  There will be prayer, scripture read (probably special Psalms that
Tony loved).  His favorite song is "Just a Closer Walk With Thee".  (Don't
know if any of you knew that Tony used to play guitar in a western band
years ago!). So, we are going to have "just a closer walk..." sung by a guy
playing a guitar and joining him will be our music leader playing a great
jazzed up rendition of the song on the saxophone.  The combination should be
great and something that Tony would really love.   There will be some
congregational singing === some of the praise songs that he loved,  along
with the hymn, "Amazing Grace".  The pastor will present the Eulogy and will
share the story of Tony's life and how he loved the Lord and the Lord loved
him as he walked in such great faith.  Intermixed with that Tony wanted my
voice in there (I'm a soloist...), and the CD I have of my singing "He Loved
Me With a Cross."   Then, of course, there will be time spent with those
friends who want to share their love for Tony and how he influenced their
lives.

It should be a great memorial for him and I know that Tony would be pleased
that his memorial would reflect his personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

We are preparing a large board with many pictures of Tony's years to be
placed in the foyer for people to see parts of his life.    An overhead
screen in the worship center will show the informally dressed picture that
you might have seen on the web which was taken recently at a Men's retreat
in the mountains.   On a special table in in the front of the service will
be a large blown-up picture of him dressed more formally in his dapper suit
and tie.  He was always comfortable either way.

I thought I'd just take this time to give you an idea of how we will honor
your friend and my dear Tony....

Thanks to those of you who have sent  messages to me personally.  What
wonderful friends you have been to Tony and to me and I thank you for your
part in his life.  He loved you all as his "family".

God Bless You,
  Janice Veca