From: David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] earthquake
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:57:03 -0800

Hi

Thanks Pam for asking. We're fine and 200 miles north of the quake. Some members of my family were in the thick of it including another sister. My niece lives in Paso Robles (I think my family is cursed) and she lost anything breakable that could fall of a shelf but is otherwise fine. I have a cousin (geologist) who lives in the mountains of Big Sur just north of San Simeon (Hearst Castle) which was the epicenter. We haven't been able to get a hold of them.

It's been a pretty interesting year here in the golden state. Fires, quakes, sharks, the Regurgitator: If I was a paranoid kind of guy I would somebody has a vendetta against us.

DF
Pamela J. Evans wrote:

Hey - heard there was a quake in central CA yesterday! Is everyone
alright? Those things must be utterly terrifying. Check in all you
golden state folks when you can!! The stupid news spent more time
yapping about some dumb football player playing after losing his father
(like he fought off the Nazis single handed while bleeding to death they
made it sound like) instead of giving any REAL news about something
important. Morons in the media, they make me crazy....

Ugh!!!

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A