RE: now link to id plant- Speaking of presents

Ok- I tried a few ideas via google picture... duh!...

Link will take you to a picture of my unidentified bonsai. I am not very
good with plants not in my area, and this one definitely is not from
around here :) thoughts anyone? If you need a better picture of a
certain part of this plant LMK...

http://www.illianagardenpond.org/bonsai1.jpg

Donna

> I've seen hyacinth forcing vases in Gardener's Supply, so I'm assuming
> that must work. Don't know what to tell you about that second item -
> hmm...

> From: "Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net>
> Date:  Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:02:36 -0600
>
> >Got an interesting item from the PT high school gal at work and
> >wondering if any of you have seen or done this.
> >
> >It is called a Hyacinthus (Hyacinth on water). Same principle as the
> >last year vase plant with the beta fish in it. Of course this doesn't
> >have the fish, but a small vase and a hyacinth bulb. You are supposed
> >fill the vase with water up to but not touching the bulb, leave in
dark
> >40-50 degree place, and in 8-10 weeks bring indoors to bloom. Hum....
> >anyone ever grown one without soil and just let the roots be in
water?

> >Thinking it would have a better chance of survival if I planted the
bulb
> >outside but the ground is too frozen now.
> >
> >And another item is Kitty's terror at the store... a bonsai with soil
as
> >hard as a rock... yipes, what am I going to do with that?!? More on
that
> >when I figure out what it is... Jim get ready- looks like something
from
> >your neck of the woods....
> >
> >I don't mean to sound ungrateful, actually I am thrilled that those
> >folks attempted to get something special for me that they thought I
> >would enjoy. Now if I don't kill the darn things, all will be great!
:)