Christmas gift

    Speaking of books, I recd a book as a Christmas gift from a friend titled
'Two Gardeners A Friendship in Letters'. A collection of luminous letters
between legendary New Yorker editor Katharine White & Elizabeth Lawrence, noted
southern garden writer, edited & introduced by Emily Herring Wilson.  The
letters, spanning the years 1958-1977 bring to life a unique epistolary friendship
betwn two intelligent women, the 'formidable' Mrs. White and the 'shy' Miss
Lawrence, both avid gardeners and readers, both at a stage of life when to make
a new friend was rare indeed: when they first wrote to one another, Katharine
was 62, Elizabeth, 54.
    Briefly looking thru it I think this may be a forerunner to 'gardenchat'
group.  I add this to the 2 new gardening books I purchased for myself which I
cannot allow my self to indulge till I finish quilting a gift for the friend
that gave me the book.