Re: Speaking of presents

In a message dated 12/27/2003 3:13:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:

> Ps... Auralie how was your trip?

Great just to relax and be away from the telephone  and other pressures for a
couple of days.  We stayed at the Princeton Club, which is shabby and
unpretentious but quite cozy and comfortable and beautifully located on 43rd St. just
off  5th Ave.  Had a scrumptious dinner Christmas night at the Algonquin.
Slept late Friday and then went up to the Metropolitan Museum.  Saw the exhibit
of Hudson River School paintings by Gifford, wandered through the American
Wing, the St. Petersburg exhibit, and ended up in an area I had not explored
before - the primitive art from the South Pacific.   Fascinating.  Had a sandwich
lunch there - dinner back at the club, and saw "Gypsy" in the evening.  Not
the best musical we have seen in the last   50-odd years, but still worth
seeing.  Bernadette Peters is a great performer, but the sound was seriously
overmiked.  Slept late again today, came home, fed cats, fixed lunch, now catching up
on email - then will grocery shop.  Sorry you asked?
Auralie