Re: Holiday Food

In this part of TN, we often have ham or barbecue with blackeyes for New
Years.  If you don't like blackeyes, try field peas or red eyes (if you can
find them)...they are sweeter and more tender.  I always cook beans with
onion (leeks), smashed fresh garlic, carrot and celery and whatever ham
bone, sausage, or broth I may have.  When finished with a chicken or other
boned meat, I cook it down for broth to use for other things...the bones
always give it a good flavor.  For the past few years, I haven't used as
much beef as pork, chicken and fish.  And, with the Mad Cow issue have
decided to hold off until the remainder of that herd is found.  Made
scallops yesterday...cooked too much (I was hungry when I started the
meal).  Anyone have some good ideas for left-over scallops?  I was thinking
of just adding them to tomato sauce for pasta.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN