Re: Apple tree

Is there any reason you can't have an apple bush, Melody? I'm trying to do this with a couple of apple relatives [loquats]. Don't know if it will work, but if it does, it will sure make picking a lot easier. Which reminds me [for some reason] when I was living last in California, I saw an orchard of Asian pears that were espaliered sort of on each other--rows of narrow, fan-like, overlapping trees. They were planted very close together--maybe 6-foot centers--and one picked them front and back only since they were nearly two-dimensional.