Re: Bittersweet

Might you be thinking of Porcelain Vine, Ampelopsis brevipedunculata? That also is considered invasive in some areas.
I have planted a number of Celastrus scandens along the fence at the back of our property. Except for the annoyance of not getting enough female plants for a show of berries, I am very pleased with them. Can't figure why folks don't go for the the non native one for decorations, and purchase the native for planting.
Cathy