From: Andrea H
Sent: 12/12/2004 5:31:29 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] It's winter garden time

I just finished putting everything in the greenhouse, plugging in the
heater, and shoving sheets around the back opening and front door to help
insulate. My greenhouse is old and kind of warped in some placed. LOL! Looks
stunning in the winter time. We are expecting our first serious cold night.
They say 38 degrees but my place tends to frost easily and I've told y'all
this before I'm sure. It's due to lack of the trees that the contractors cut
down. No trees.

Anyway, my pineapple sage is still blooming and the salvia Greggii seems to
prefer this kind of weather and blooms all winter. Everything else is
probably going to be nice and brown by tomorrow night. That's OK, it's time
to start cleaning up for spring. I need something to do while I'm waiting
for classes to start.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC