Re: now yucky veggies! for cats!

A soybean-eating cat doesn't surprise me a bit.  One of my four is mad for
peas.  When I bring fresh ones in from the garden, or even when I buy
fresh ones, Jane gets right on the counter and keeps pawing at me until
I shell some out for her.  She doesn't eat the shells - wants them  just so.
The other thing she likes is a bit of asparagus cut in small pieces.  She
can't seem to manage it if it isn't cut pretty small, but she will eat two
or three inches of a stalk if I cut it up for her.  And both my younger
cats go wild over fresh corn.  Our routine is to put newspapers on the
floor and when we finish a cob, toss it to them.  If I am cutting it off
the cob to cook another way, they will run to the place where I put the
papers and wait impatiently for me to bring them the cobs.  That is
after they have been shut out of the kitchen for trying to get right into
the pan I am cutting the corn into.
And once, many years ago, I had a cat who devoured violets.  They
are all different, and a never-ending source of delight.
Auralie

In a message dated 12/15/2004 11:07:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,