Re: Was Yucky veggies... now smoking

Good morning, good friends.  Have been reading but little time for else.
Interesting discussion of veggies.  I thought most gardeners were veggie lovers.
Wrong!  I could easily be a vegetarian.  I love them all fresh, frozen or
canned.  My son always says 'Mom thinks she has a steak when she has a helping of
    I have never smoked, thank goodness!   My husband, however, has quit
several times but is currently on again.  He never smokes in ft of me or in the
house or car.  He saw my dad suffer with lung cancer and emphysema (sp?) and I
can't understand why this didn't scare him into quitting forever.  He tells me
I just can't understand an addiction.  I wish you all the best of luck.
    We are going to spend the night at the Hotel Pattee in Perry, Iowa
tonight.  Melody, you may be familiar with this.  It is an old restored hotel (****)
& wonderful dining.  I have dined there but never spent the night.  My
husband recd a $200 gift certificate last Xmas & we must use it before it expires.
A very interesting place. www.hotelpattee.com
    Congratulations on your grades, Theresa.  What are your dreams after
    If any of you receive Garden Gate mag, there is a photo of my min
climbing rose in the current issue.