RE: weather

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  (Happy Chanukah--a little late, & Joyous Kwanza
to those who celebrate it.)

Gene, you beat us here.  I wondered how hard you would be hit, seeing the
weather maps.  Ours has been more powdery and not so wet.

We have well over a foot but I think a little less than the 20" that went
just a few miles north of us in the southern suburbs of Dayton.  There was a
very brief period of freezing rain/sleet last night after we came in, too
tired to shovel and push the snow anymore.  This morning, we woke up to
drifts and you couldn't tell most places that we had done all that snow
moving.  The worst part was that when a plow did come down our side street,
it built up a 3' solid packed block at the end of the driveway (and over the
mailbox garden.)  UGH!!!  Bill is trying to clear it now.  (Too much very
cold air in my asthmatic lungs last night has slowed me down today.)

I can't believe that National City Mortgage actually closed at 3:00 p.m.
yesterday and then today as well, but then the city of Miamisburg (where the
company is based) did declare a snow emergency.  The senior care center
where mother attends closed before a flake of snow had fallen yesterday.
Daughters Rayna and Tzeitel weren't so lucky, working in Centerville.  They
both had to get out onto streets where even the professionals are
complaining they are stranded.  Of such is life.

Everyone stay warm, dry and safe!!!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)