Re: I'm back!

Glad you're back, Andrea.  We've missed you, too.
I was going to ask you if they still celebrate Christmas with
Lane Cake in the deep South.  I've been looking for a recipe
to give a friend who likes to bake, but can't find one that
sounds like what I remember - many thin layers with yummy
filling, sliced really thin.  A plate of Lane Cake slices was
the standard confection given to neighbors and friends.  But
maybe they don't do that any more.  Any recipe I could find
has two or three layers, regular thickness - just wouldn't be
the same.

Enjoy your new computer.

In a message dated 12/26/2004 1:54:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,