Re: Black & blue salvia

In a message dated 12/27/04 6:55:47 PM, garrideb@well.com writes:

<< Isn't B & B a clone of Salvia guarnitica ? >>

Jim, Black & Blue is a Salvia guaranitica as is Costa Rica, Purple Majesty,
Argentina Skies, Omaha & seems like I have tried another but can not think of
it at the moment.  None are hardy for me.  I do have a B&B growing inside now.
I do prefer the van houttii group over the guaranitica.  I have tried the
burgundy one, Paul (purple) & Caribbean Coral (coral) and currently have Paul &
CC growing inside as these are not hardy for me either.
    Salvia nemorosa Caradonna, the one Pam spoke of, is hardy but i have not
added this to my garden yet.  It is much like May Night but much more erect in
growth and has red stems.
    Ceres