Re: RE: One project accomplished

Kitty, have you ever known any family without warts? Mine is like something out of a Tennessee Williams novel. <LOL>The last time I hade Thanksgiving dinner with my siblings was when my mother, who had already had a stroke, and my very eccentric aunt were still alive. The scene belonged in a play -- truly.
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 10:56 AM
Subject: RE: RE: [CHAT] One project accomplished

It's my sister from Alberta. I understand she wants to make the visit
longer to get her money's worth out of the cost of the plane ticket, but
when I visited her, I spent 3 days (granted - this was the only time I
ever had an opportunity for a free trip via frequent flier miles, so it
didn't cost me anything) . She came Dec 10 for a memeorial service and
wants to stay through January 5 so we can provide her with a birthday
party. The last time she did this, about 4 years ago, she played her
Sarah Bernhardt about being unloved and all that, but she is on her
medication now, so she has been easier to deal with. She knows I get
stressed out over a house guest for that long so she insisted my other
sister had to take her for half the time and Pat reluctantly did take
her for 10 days. (those 2 would secretly love to rip each other to

I am more the Marlena Dietrich of the family and am finding company
quite tiresome. Maureen's quirks are really getting on my nerves and I'm
afraid I don't hide it well.

Oh well, the 5th is right around the corner and things will eventually
get back to normal. Thanks, everyone, for allowing me to air my familial

I missed something, WHO is staying with you for a month? That's normal? I'd
freak out after three days.

Andrea H
EarthLink Revolves Around You.