From: Cyndi Johnson [mailto: gardencatalogs@yahoo.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:27:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [CHAT] Back to chat!

Hi y'all, happy Wednesday. I survived my surgery and<br>decided to
subscribe again from my yahoo address,<br>since it looks like I'll be
home for a while. I had<br>about convinced myself that the procedure
wouldn't be<br>much of a much and I'd be back at work next week,
but<br>oh no. I have an incision from my brow down the center<br>of my
nose, then it curves across one nostril down to<br>my face. Both my eyes
are black and swollen. They<br>considerately left me slathered with
antibiotic<br>ointment and no bandages so I can see the whole
thing<br>clearly, how nice. One nostril is now way different<br>than the
other, which is fretting me quite a bit (DH<br>says he's sure it won't
heal that way, but you bet I'm<br>going to talk about it at my follow-up
appointment<br>tomorrow). I don't think they actually tested
the<br>chunk they took out either, based on some conversation<br>I heard
in the recovery room. And the icing is that<br>Vicodin makes me
nauseated (or is it

nauseous?). All<br>in all I have to say I'm really not having a
good<br>time. But no doubt things will get better in a couple<br>days,
the pain is already lessening a little even<br>though it looks worse.
kitty #2! Looks like everyone had a pretty<br>good holiday and hopefully
you are not getting too<br>much bad weather (except hoping Pam gets lots
of<br>rain). It's pretty nice weather here today but weird;<br>we'll
have a day of warmth and sun then one of cold<br>50mph winds, then back
to sun. The only gardening I'm<br>doing is planning what cuttings I will
give my nephew<br>next spring for his new house. <br>Andrea, do you
practice yoga or Pilates? I noticed<br>many of the exercises they
prescribe for bad backs are<br>also yoga poses and also used in Pilates
classes. If<br>you can find a free class nearby, it's a
nice<br>incentive to work out, exercising at home alone is<br>boring.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com