Re: Been gone too long!

Glad you had a minute to check in Melody. Good to hear from you.
Judy B
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:16 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Been gone too long!

OMG...how the heck are you guys? I have missed all of you and have
enjoyed skimming the list mail trying to keep up with all the going's
on...I probably missed some stuff but the nice part is knowing you all
are still here. I hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving...it was my
turn to work this year so the DH and kids did most of the cooking while
I slept. Have been enormously busy with church and the classes I've been
taking for ministry formation and stewardship. The kids are all sick
right now and my mom had knee surgery so home life is keeping me busy,
too. Work at the hospital is the SOSDD as it has been for all the years
I've worked here...had an upper level management person who makes the
big bucks ask me recently how I could stand working in a job I hated
that much for so long. I just looked at her and laughed...I said it's
called a paycheck and benefits. LOL! I guess when you make in excess of
100 grand a year you live in a different plane of reality than the

rest of us.

My poor garden really suffered this year under the demands of 2 jobs and
classes and family commitments. Got so far behind I eventually
surrendered which I know will make for more work in the late winter,
early spring but something had to give and this was it. I think we might
have done okay until the sinkhole episode which just totally ruined a
good portion of my favorite garden...that and the lack of rain through
much of the summer. Well, I can hope for a better year next year, can't
I? Now I have all winter to think about how I can improve and streamline
the process of working in my gardens.

Speaking of winter, we're getting our first appreciable snow storm here
in this part of the state tonight. Started snowing here about 9 p.m. and
by the time I left for work at 10:20 p.m. it was pretty nasty.
Interstate traffic was moving at about 25 mph, semi's included...high
winds made for near white out at times because of all the flat fields.
Plows hadn't been out yet so it was tough to tell where to drive. Took
me about 1/2 hour to drive 10 miles. Of course, it is supposed to stop
during the night and we're only supposed to be looking at 4 inches or
less, so the morning drive ought to be much better. Ceres...how did you
guys do with this storm?

And to those west of here who got creamed by the storm earlier this
week...ugh! So sorry...I was praying for all of you. And to our friends
in OK...hope they get those fires under control soon...that looks nasty.
Pam...always wishing for rain for you my dear. Jim...people up here
couldn't believe the Buddha's hand...they were fascinated by it. It was
too bitter for us to eat, but it ended up being a great show and tell
piece. Thanks. I could go on and on, with personal thoughts and messages
for nearly everyone on the list, but that would be unbearable for all
the rest. Suffice to say, I've been mostly paying attention and praying
lots and lots for all of you. Andrea...hope you are feeling better with
the back. God, I've missed you guys so much...it feels good to be back.
Here's hoping I can hang around more. Hugs to all of you!

Hills, IA zone 5

Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com