Re: dogs/rain....drought

It's the same in Tennessee. And have you traveled in Arkansas lately? My feeling is transport trucks have a lot to do with all the roads' being torn up. The solution would be a return to shipping stuff by rail, but most of that around here has been dug up and sold.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] dogs/rain....drought

Oh my Pam....this is a first. I thought all of Texas is being torn up and
redone. You can't go anywhere from Lousianna to San Antonio and probably
beyond without hitting one construction site after another on the roads. It's
terrible. Every highway and road in Houston has construction, and everyone in
San Antonio too. From what I hear, Austin is the same.
I-10 and I-35 are two long 500 mile construction sites. Haven't been west
of SA in a while, so don't know what it is like there, but I"m sure it is just
as bad. Thought for sure, since they are working on perfectly good roads,
that they would have fixed the bad ones first.
Apparently Gov. Perry is the one behind all this....money to burn and wants
to burn it on road work.

In a message dated 11/30/2005 11:02:28 PM Central Standard Time,