Re: Back to Chat....ginger

I was disapointed in what I got.  It was a small ginger  plant...nothing
ornamental.  Never amounted to much, but a bowl full of  green.  Bloom was okay,
but I much prefer the ornamental types for foliage,  growth habit and bloom.
I ended up just composting the whole thing a couple years later.   Never did
get a nice tuber that I could have used for culinary purposes  either.  Mom
tried it too, with same results, although hers  is still growing.   Perhaps
you'll have better luck.
I've had a tumeric growing for a couple years now, I tend to like it a
little better, although it needs a lot of water, which it didn't get much of  this
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 12/1/2005 5:07:04 PM Central Standard Time,