From: Jesse Bell [mailto: silverhawk@flash.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:24:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Back to chat!

She has done the Ginger Ale, soda and crackers, soda water,
ginger<br>tablets, ginger sauce, lemon and water.....that's all I know.
Never<br>heard of the rubbing alcohol thing. Hmmm. She has been so sick
that her<br>doctor is worried about the stomach acid causing problems
<judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:<br> Too bad it won't work for her. I
learned about ginger when I worked for <br>hospice. One fellow got no
relief from antinausea medicine, but ginger tea <br>worked for him. He
just sipped on it all day long. Has she tried sniffing <br>rubbing
alcohol? Doesn't work for everyone, and doesn't last, but it's
she's tried <br>just dry toast before she even gets out of bed & all
that. Someone else to <br>keep in our prayers.<br>----- Original Message
2005 2:04 PM<br>Subject:

weeks into her first pregnancy and she<br>> has been so sick she can
barely go to work. They suggested ginger<br>> tablets for her. Nothing.
I feel so sorry for her. So far, the ONLY<br>> thing that has helped her
is a prescription drug for pregnant women that<br>> costs $30.00 a
Judy Browning wrote:<br>> My son likes Myth Busters. The other day I saw
part of a show where they<br>> were testing nausea/motion sickness
remedies. A ginger tablet was the only<br>> non-medicine remedy that
worked.<br>> ----- Original Message ----- <br>> From: "Chapel Ridge Wal
Mart National Hearing Center"<br>> <4042N15@nationalhearing.com><br>>
To:<br>> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:51 AM<br>> Subject: Re:
-----

01, 2005 3:11 AM<br>>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Back to
feeling well otherwise. I<br>>>> second<br>>>> Melody's advicce. Some
effective home remedies for nausea are ginger tea<br>>> or<br>>>> other
ginger flavored drinks/food and sniffing rubbing alcohol for a <br>>>>
full<br>>>> minute. Most nausea caused by narcotics actually goes away
in about <br>>>> three<br>>>> days as your body gets used to it. So, if
you are ever in a situation<br>>> where<br>>>> you need to take pain
meds, ask for an antiemetic for a few days. I<br>>> commonly<br>>>> see
folks come back from surgery with a scopalomine patch behind their<br>>>
ear.<br>>>> Lasts 72 hours. Looks like we are the night owls tonight. I
just got off<br>>>> work at midnight, winding down to sleep. Take
"Cyndi Johnson"<br>>>>

To:<br>>>> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:27 PM<br>>>> Subject:
survived my surgery and<br>>>> > decided to subscribe again from my
yahoo address,<br>>>> > since it looks like I'll be home for a while. I
had<br>>>> > about convinced myself that the procedure wouldn't
be<br>>>> > much of a much and I'd be back at work next week, but<br>>>>
> oh no. I have an incision from my brow down the center<br>>>> > of my
nose, then it curves across one nostril down to<br>>>> > my face. Both
my eyes are black and swollen. They<br>>>> > considerately left me
slathered with antibiotic<br>>>> > ointment and no bandages so I can see
the whole thing<br>>>> > clearly, how nice. One nostril is now way
different<br>>>> > than the other, which is fretting me quite a bit
(DH<br>>>> > says he's sure it won't heal that way, but you bet
I'm<br>>>> > going to talk about it at my follow-up appointment<br>>>> >
tomorrow). I

don't think they actually tested the<br>>>> > chunk they took out
either, based on some conversation<br>>>> > I heard in the recovery
room. And the icing is that<br>>>> > Vicodin makes me nauseated (or is
it nauseous?). All<br>>>> > in all I have to say I'm really not having a
good<br>>>> > time. But no doubt things will get better in a
couple<br>>>> > days, the pain is already lessening a little even<br>>>>
> though it looks worse.<br>>>> > Now that I'm done whining, congrats to
Island Jim on<br>>>> > Bashful, kitty #2! Looks like everyone had a
pretty<br>>>> > good holiday and hopefully you are not getting
too<br>>>> > much bad weather (except hoping Pam gets lots of<br>>>> >
rain). It's pretty nice weather here today but weird;<br>>>> > we'll
have a day of warmth and sun then one of cold<br>>>> > 50mph winds, then
back to sun. The only gardening I'm<br>>>> > doing is planning what
cuttings I will give my nephew<br>>>> > next spring for his new
house.<br>>>> > Andrea, do