From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:37 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Squirrels

When I last lived out there, Cyndi, I used to hang out a lot in Death
Valley. One time I spent a week at the Wild Rose campground--which is
about as far from civilization as LA is from the moon--where I shared
space with a female coyote--just the two of us in the campground. I fed
her [fried chicken] and put out water for her and when I left, we
seemed to be on reasonably good terms. I could never get closer than
about 4 feet, however. Here's a picture: