Re: Happy Happy/scrapbooking

If you mention your scrapbook plans, I think someone at work or church will say "Oh it's so easy". If you want help, invite them over for tea and cookies with their scrapbooking tools for a minilesson. The scrapbookers I know are more than willing to "party" and introduce someone else to their passion. I need to do that myself! Have fun.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:41 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Happy

I would also like to add my sincere wishes to all on the list for a safe
and contented holiday season. To all who are traveling, I wish you a
pleasant journey, a relaxing stay, and a safe return.

The kids and I have been cooking alot...we make treat trays for many of
our neighbors, school friends, teachers, in-laws, etc. We also make
homemade soaps (inspired by a gift from Jesse when we visited the first
time) and give those as gifts as well. This year's "flavor" is
coconut-lavender-chamomile and it smells and looks beautiful! Must
remember to keep a couple bars for ourselves, too. The kids will spend
tomorrow distributing the treat trays to the neighbors. The in-laws,
school friends, and teachers already have theirs.

The kids are out of school from Wed. 12/21 until Wed. 1/4. I am on
vacation from the hospital from Fri. 12/23 until Tues. 1/10...yipee!!!!
18 days of glorious freedom from the hospital! Of course, this is one of
our busy times of year at Church, so I'll be working plenty at that job.
I have our annual soup supper in January to get all set-up...takes me
many hours on the phone to get all the volunteers and supplies
coordinated for this charity fund raiser. This year all $ will go to
Catholic Charities USA to be used for hurricaine relief.

The past few years I have taken off time from the hospital during the
kids' entire Christmas vacation with them and we use the time for
special mom-kid projects. This year we are going to be re-doing all our
photograph albums and finally, after many years worth of good intentions
but not enough time, going to get individual scrapbooks started for each
of them. Wish us luck, 'cuz I don't have the faintest idea how to "do"
scrapbooking...we're just going to wing it!

Anyway...Merry Christmas to all...may your season be filled with the
radiant and glorious love of God's many and varied gifts to us all,
including for those of us so inclined the magnificence of His Son, whom
we revere as our Messiah. Peace be with you all.

Hills, IA zone 5

Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!