Re: Buddha's hand liqueur & Starfruit pickles

Pam, It has to be a dark rum and I don't know if that is.
Godi zone 7
Mt, Vernon, VA
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Buddha's hand liqueur & Starfruit pickles

No Bacardi 151?  Or don't they make that stuff anymore?

On 12/29/05, MICHAEL HABIB <godihabib@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Noreen,
I made Rumtopf for years long ago and forgot all about it until you
brought
it up. We did have a cellar at the time and I started in spring with
strawberries and continued throughout the year with fruits in season,
exept
citrus fruits. It was always ready at Christmas, to eat with vanilla ice
cream or cake, yum. Spring is coming sooner or later and when the
strawberries are in season........, the trouble is, the rum has to be at
least 50% alcohol, not easy to find here, whereas it was all over Vienna,
where we lived at the time.
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA