Re: Speaking of catalogs...what would you wish for?

I agree with Gene 100%. Our only difference is I don't have a wife, and the cats are not very consistent about weeding.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Speaking of catalogs...what would you wish for?

A compromise would work for me, Cyndi.
It is so difficult to find the time to really work in my gardens any more like I used to... so free time to play would be nice. I would not mind a strong back to prepare the beds and work the soil to my specifications, but I would want to do the design and transplanting myself. Assistance with the weeding would be nice, but I would want to keep an hand in there as well. It is such good therapy to crawl around and pull weeds... sometimes keeps me from saying things I will regret later. JoAn, my wife, does a lot of my weeding now for me... so can not complain really.... just mumbling about what-if's. Catalogs are arriving here daily. Some go straight to the wood stove to bring the heat back up with a fresh log... others end up next to my easy chair for a good evening read.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

I was just reading Gene's note about getting his catalog to the
printers. I have already received about five seed catalogs this year,
they started showing up around Thanksgiving.  Sure seems early, I think
I didn't use to get them until after Christmas.
So what's the one gardening gift you'd like to get this year? What I
want seems to be unobtainable from Santa: more time to garden (or more
energy to use the time I do have). I wouldn't mind having someone do the
weeding for me either I suppose, that's not likely to happen.

Cyndi