To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:51 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Re: heated floors

Kitty, I'm 5'2" and pretty much did the drywall in the garage by myself. If
you just get one other person to help you in the placement and  initial
nailing, you can easily finish it by yourself. It's really not as difficult as it appears. I probably would not attempt a cieling without serious help, but walls are really not that difficult. The sheet rock comes in 4X8 sheets, once it's in place it's easily nailed or screwed up. It's very easily cut with a sharp knife (exacto or such) along the line and then snapped off. I used a very inexpensive keyhole saw to make the holes for the outlets. Really fun
part is the float, tape and mud part.

I haven't been able to keep up with the emails that closely, but if the
panelling is in good shape, I don't see why you could not just paint or wall paper over it, once you clean and prime it. There are so many options out now with different types of wall coverings, etc. I'm sure if you did a search
online you could find some easy instructions and ideas.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 12/13/2006 11:05:29 AM Central Standard Time,