To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] fungus gnats

FYI...I found this e-mail from a LONG time ago...and since then I have
found a GREAT cure for those horrible fungus gnats. One third peroxide
(like you put on cuts) and 2 thirds water. Let the plant dirt dry out
some, then thoroughly drench the plant with this solution. It kills the
larvae instantly..the adults are left behind. About a week later, repeat
to get rid of any eggs/larvae that might have been laid by the adults
left behind. In about 2-3 weeks, they are gone. It does not harm the
plants at all. I've done it on several of mine and they seem to flourish
after I do this. It's a amazing.

I got your Christmas card. Thanks so much. I'm home recouping from
hysterectomy surgery (yuck). Gives me time to clean out all my old
e-mails! LOL.

 Love ya!

Andrea Hodges <andrea.hodges@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 What kills fungus gnats on houseplants?
I brought an oriental lily up from the basement that was trying to come up but clearly needed more attention (I thought it had died so I'm very happy) and it's FULL of fungus gnats. It's in a small terracotta pot, and had gotten very dry and when I soaked it they all came swarming out. Now they're crawling all over the new growth and I'm sure getting into my other plants (orchids) and I
want to knock them back some without poisoning myself or the dogs or the