Re: Question for mail order folks

Hi, Chris.
I've been hoping that we hadn't heard from you because your business was
going so well that you no longer had time for our nonsense.

I do buy quite a few plants by mail order because I am usually looking for
something offbeat that I don't find locally.  Price and size are both things I
consider.  It really depends on the plant.  I like to buy some things in small
sizes - I feel they transplant more easily and soon catch up with more mature
plants.  However, some plants that I know are not easy to start, like the
Cimicifuga, I would want a larger size start.  However, I don't often buy
anything as large as a gallon pot size by mail order.  I would readily pay
$25.00 for your large plant if you were near enough for me to pick up the
plant, but my experience with large plants by mail order has not been very
good.  I'm sure I am not a good example, however.

I'm sure Gene Bush will give you much more valuable advice, coming from
the business end of things.

Best wishes for the success of your business, and for a happy holiday