Re: Question for mail order folks

Have to disagree, Gene. On the whole, container size does, indeed, say something about the plant--just as the number of beds in a hospital says something about the survival rate of operation patients. Not perfect, granted, but better than "trust me" guarantees.

And, to a great extent, plants are widgets. There is nothing mysterious about growing then from a start, a cutting, or a seed; some nurseries do it better than others; some can't do it at all from some kinds of material or some kinds of plants--it depends on a lot of things that are more science than hocus-pocus.