From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:59 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What's This?

I had no idea it was that bad at all.  Nothing in
months has been broad-casted here locally.  Last time
they mentioned it was generally speaking about the
'south' needing rain.

In October I was in Vegas.  Since I don't gamble, some
of us went sight seeing.  I was amazed at how low Lake
Meade was and was told they were loosing a foot a day.
... but it is not anywhere as low as you are
describing.  Seems some of the states are arguing
about water rights in that area as well, which I found
interesting after taking the Hoover dam tour and
learning how the government had made those decisions
years ago....

Sounds like we need Rich to turn while doing that rain

where it is 'icing' - not raining not snowing, just
ice coming down.. yuck!  Supposed to continue thru
midnight and we have between 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice on
everything already.