Re: court approved refund

I made several credit card purchases in Europe when I was there in 2006. Wonder why I didn't get a letter. :o(
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] court approved refund

Did anyone else receive a packet from the US Court Settlement Administrator
in snail mail?
It  requests you choose 1 of 3 refund options, the most brief being a
simple $25 refund for just signing & returning it - or you can do it
online. www.ccfsettlement.com  Apparently it is a $336 million settlement
on credit card fees for foreign transactions from 1996- 2006.

Hi Kitty,

  It's only for foreign transactions where exchange rates came into play,
  right?  Something about credit card companies overcharging fees for
  currency exchanges?

I got something a while back asking me to list all of my purchases during that time frame, but never got around to it because my Amazon.co.uk orders
  didn't amount to much and I didn't think it was a good idea to list
  absinthe orders from Spain.

  Now it looks like they've forgone that listing requirement unless you
  spent over $2500, so I'll be putting in for my $25.  I wonder if they
  only sent the letter to those who made foreign transactions.