best laid plans

Winter....the time to plan for the next gardening season.
I've got too much shade and I'm thinking of removing a Yoshino Cherry that I planted too close to the house. This would, of course, ruin the Lamium groundcover, but I can move that to another spot. What I'm really concerned about is a Japanese Maple 'Orangeola' that's planted under it. It would still have shady protection from a nearby Norway maple and redbud, but... A couple of years ago I had a Viburnum that wasn't performing well due to too much shade, so I moved it. When I did, the Syringa 'Jessie' next to it died. Nothing to do with roots; it seemed as though taking out the vibe changed its exposure, protection. Fortunately I had taken 2 cuttings from the lilac before moving the vibe, and one little one is doing well.

I can't take cuttings of Orangeola, they aren't successful and, besides, it has taken years for it to get to this substantial size. I am worried that removing the cherry would alter the conditions and the precious maple would croak. In the other example, the vibe survived. I moved it in fall. Do you think it was the timing? Would 'O' stand a better chance if the cherry comes out in spring?

Was it all coincidence?  Am I stewing over nothing?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5