State Farm dropped the policy on our "office-house" this fall and our home
this month! We have had policies with them for 30 years! We had to go with
other carriers at double the cost.  Our house went from $1,400 to $2,800. I
am fearful that this is going to be a yearly thing- scrambling for
insurance!  We live on the water, but haven't put in any claims due to
flooding, but I quess they just don't want the risk. I just think it's odd
that they can dump you after so many years.

Thank God we can afford to pay the premiums.  It would kill me to move after
building our home, not to mention all the work I've done in the garden!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

My garden: http://www.chrispnpt.shutterfly.com