Re: Technical advice needed
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Technical advice needed
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:43:25 -0800

I had a couple of hundred slides digitized at Wolf Camera. I don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't much.

On Dec 8, 2009, at 2:05 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

My garden club has recently come into possession of a set of slides
of wildflowers.  These were taken by a very fine photographer and
naturalist many years ago, and were used for programs both by
this person and by others.  She has been dead for some years, and
we feared the slides were gone.  Actually, the bulk of her slides have
disappeared - what we have discovered is two sets of 100 slides each.
The condition of the slides is deteriorating. What we would like to do
is to put them into digital form that could again be used by clubs for
educational programs.  But none of us knows exactly how to go about
this. We can scan photographs to make a power-point program or one
of some other type, but none of us has the facility to scan slides.
Any advice on how to do it.
The pictures are splendid, and each slide is carefully identified by its botanical name, but, as I said, the slides are deteriorating, and almost
noone wants to use an old-fashioned thing like a slide-projector any
more.  How times change.
Auralie

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley