From: TeichFauna@aol.com
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:40:34 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Grandson; OT

Wonderful news, Jim!!! I bet you are proud!

Auralie, in my opinion, fwiw...... the military is a far better option
than running the streets and doing odd jobs. The military is an excellent
place to learn work ethic and discipline. Perhaps just what they need to jump
start them into successful careers, many go to college while in the
military, or when they discharge on the GI bill. I would not write them off
yet, I would be proud that they are serving their country, and be hopeful that
they will benefit from what the military offers.
Just my thoughts on this....

As for drunken sailors.....yes, it seems that things have changed in
regards to drinking....the office cocktail parties, the drinks at offices before
heading home, etc. etc. Seems everyone was a bit more liberal in past
decades about drinking than they are now due to laws changing. Company
parties now have either totally disapeared, or they are non-alcoholic, or keep a
strict watch on this. Even the military has done so.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 12/12/2010 9:15:28 PM Central Standard Time,