From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:34:31 EST
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Shuttle OT

May I just add this observation from the perspective of age.  I think we
grieve more for those of us who are left behind than for those who died.
Tragic as it is, they were doing what they loved to do - were totally
dedicated to their cause, and fully accepted the risks involved because they
valued their objectives.  They are really blessed to leave life at the peak
of their accomplishments, having achieved what they wanted most to do.  No
long decline into the frustrations and weaknesses of old age.  But to those
of us who remain, the loss is devastating.  Auralie