Re: hate to talk about gardening

Hard to talk about gardening...windy, very cold, ground hard as a rock. Even
forays to my greenhouse are depressing as most of the more tender plants that
sailed thru last winter are gray little mushy blobs. The greenhouse is
strictly solar heated.. no aux heating. Well..I did choose to live in this
climate. Am planning on paper instead..I'm working on a plan for a total redo
of a yard around 2- story Victorian. Lots of shade and in town location so is
quite protected. I love the looks of "Forest Pansy" redbud and want to use it
at a corner of this house. But have only seen it in nurseries and catalogs.
Anyone have experience growing this tree? Will it hve to be in full sun to
retain it's leaf color? Will the leaf color go well with 'Diablo' ninebark?
Have  grown the ninebark and love it and was pleased to see the PPA choose it
for one of their plants of the year 2003. Thanks for any and all input.
Kathyz5